Subject: Re: vmstat and netstat....
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/2006 21:34:18
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 07:22:36PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 08:01:22AM -0800, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> > Hmm... on a recent sparc64-current, I get:
> >
> > garrett@salt{27}> vmstat -e
> > vmstat: undefined symbols: _intrnames _eintrnames _intrcnt _eintrcnt _bucket
>
> I guess your userland is older, I think vmstat has been fixed to cope
> with archs that do not have the old compat _intrnames stuff any more.

I was looking at the interrupt counting code code in systat/vmstat.c
recently [1].  Most of the numbers displayed are 'event counters' not
'interrupt counters' - certainly on i386.
I don't know which architectures still need the interrupt counters,
or whether vmstat.c should only try looking for them if there are not
event counters.

	David

[1] fixing a coverty detected welsh vegetable

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk