Subject: Re: version of a kernel module? and modload man page
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Love_H=F6rnquist_=C5strand?= <lha@kth.se>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/22/2006 18:04:12

--0-407045585-1143079452=:10693

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006, [iso-8859-1] Love H=F6rnquist =C5strand wrote:

> > How can I find out the version that a kernel module was built for?
> >
> > Installing it outputs generic "Program version wrong".
>=20
> Then you check dmesg for the output that tells you wants wrong. Probably
> its mismatch in defines for the lkm and kernel.

LKM 'pf': kernel version mismatch - LKM 201000000, kernel 200000000

Well that was easy. Thanks for the answer.

This needs to be documented. (If I overlooked it, please point me to it.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=3D8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |=
\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'
--0-407045585-1143079452=:10693--