Subject: Re: kauth_cred design needs work
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/21/2006 20:25:44
Allen Briggs wrote:

> That's certainly understandable.  If the API is stable and the code
> is not demonstrably broken, I'm OK with importing it.

As far as *I* can see it's stable. I've requested several times for
people to test it, especially the NFS part, on various forums...

> I don't want to see it imported and then have the API reworked, though.

The API won't be reworked. The most that can happen is the removal
of -- as it seems -- two routines, which are not widely used. The
"sweeps" are probably over...

> How do the docs look?  If you want to bring it into the mainline
> and expect people to use it, there should be at least a start on
> the docs so that others know how they're supposed to use it.

There is a man-page on the branch, kauth(9), with up-to-date
documentation about the code in the branch. The man-page is updated
together with the code, and an online version is also available on
http://www.bsd.org.il/netbsd/kauth.9.html.

-e.

--
Elad Efrat