Subject: Re: kauth_cred design needs work
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/21/2006 10:05:55
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 06:19:51PM +0200, Elad Efrat wrote:
> The reason I wanted to do the import is that the branch is for a
> rather large portion of the kernel, and I do not want to maintain
> it outside -current longer than needed.

That's certainly understandable.  If the API is stable and the code
is not demonstrably broken, I'm OK with importing it.

I don't want to see it imported and then have the API reworked, though.

How do the docs look?  If you want to bring it into the mainline
and expect people to use it, there should be at least a start on
the docs so that others know how they're supposed to use it.

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.NetBSD.org/