Subject: Re: auich && ath
To: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/15/2006 08:09:11
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:57:58 +0100, Vincent <10.50@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> first, I'd like to thank whoever changed or in some way altered the ath
> code. Since two or three weeks ago, the perpetual disconnections ceased.
> The link is steady, and seem not to drop anymore for whatever obscure
> reason. Thanks a lot to whom fixed this issue (and let's hope it should
> not return).

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing such improvement.  The main determinant
for me seems to be how many other access points are in the area.

> However, something completely unrelated. This morning, when booting
> (current), I got this message:
>
> auich0: unable to set power state (err=45)
>
> Whazzat supposed to mean? It is new, never saw it before.

I'm not seeing that; I am seeing

	auich0: resume without suspend.

Worse yet, the maximum volume now seems to be too low.  I've long had

	mixerctl -w outputs.master=255,255

in my /etc/rc.local (and, for that matter, in /etc/apm/resume, but
that's a separate issue).  Now, though, it doesn't work:

	# mixerctl -w outputs.master=255,255
	outputs.master: 127,127 -> 255,255
	# mixerctl -a
	outputs.master=127,127

I was going to post on this as soon as I had a chance to reboot and try
a few experiments, such as a kernel from a month ago.  (Right now, I'm
running a March 11 build.)