Subject: Re: wsmux inject
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2006 19:27:20
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Garrett D'Amore wrote:

> Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > Is this 'console mux' available to inject events into, or am I doomed?
>
> I saw this until I added "pseudo-device wsmux" into my kernel config.
> You might want to verify that a MUX is configured.

yes, I think it is - I can read the mux directly (/dev/wskbd ==
/dev/wsmux1) but the problem (for me) is that the system is set up

	wskbd0	=>	wsdisplay0

	wsmux1	=>	..

whereas I wanted

	wskbd0	=>	wsmux1	=>	wsdisplay0

in order to make injected events show up in wsdisplay0.

I'm beginning to think though, that its hardwired that way for consoles
and no amount of configuration will change it. Can anybody confirm that?

iain