Subject: Re: tape drive instrumentation, again
To: None <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/12/2006 21:53:37
> Folks,
>
> This is the next iteration of the tape/nfs statistics.  I have made
> the disk_* functions wrappers around the iostat_* equivalents.  This
> minimises the code changes.  I have also done the same with
> disk_find(), this is a wrapper around the iostat_find() function but
> it returns the struct disk *.  I also change the sysctl name from
> drivenames to iostatnames, I have left the nfs names in the list
> because I do think they could be useful.
>
> As before, a tar file containing the extra files plus the patch are on
> ftp.netbsd.org in /pub/NetBSD/misc/blymn/iostat_patch.tar.gz.  Below
> is the patch from the tar ball so people can review it.

looks good enough to me.

minor comments:
	- use struct member prefixes ("sc_", "nm_"), at least where other
	  existing members have it.
	- how about having iostat_seek() instead of "seek++"?
	- use malloc/free rather than MALLOC/FREE
	  unless it's in a critical path.
	- is there any point to update CTL_HW_NAMES?
	  i think you can just remove it.
	- is anyone use _resetstat()?  how about just removing it?
	- please make sysctl_hw_disknames etc static.
	- is "#include <sys/lock.h>" in iostat.h necessary?
	- can you do whitespace cleanups as another commit?

YAMAMOTO Takashi