Subject: Re: Call for testing: ACPI standby/suspend support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: dieter roelants <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/11/2006 20:35:01
On 03/09/06 10:14:17, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> PLEASE TEST THIS CODE! It's very simple, boot a kernel with these
> patches single-user, and run 'apm -d -z'. Report your results. If you
> can, provide patches to hardware device driver powerhooks. This is
> probably the biggest task involved with getting ACPI suspend/resume
> working properly.

On a Sony VAIO VGN-B1XP, I experience the same as Vincent described. =20
The laptop goes into suspend mode without problems, but on trying to =20
wake it up, only some leds (wifi, power) and the fan become active. I =20
have set a bios password and have config'ed nearly everything out of =20
the kernel, but the result is the same.

As for S1, my laptop doesn't seem to have it.

Anything else I can try?

more info:

http://bsdusr.net/~dieter/NetBSD/acpi-apm/dmesg.full
http://bsdusr.net/~dieter/NetBSD/acpi-apm/dmesg.ltd