Subject: Re: Call for testing: ACPI standby/suspend support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2006 21:58:12
Jared,

> Ok, well if the display adapter is reinitialized, this is good news. You
> might be simply missing some powerhooks.. can you boot with 'boot -c'
> and disable all non-critical devices, and try again? If this fails,
> please send me your (limited) dmesg. If it works, please let me know
> what devices you disabled so we can work on adding powerhooks for them.

I tried to disable some of them (like the Ethernet driver, IEEE 802.11,
USB…, keeping juste VGA, keyboard, NPX and PCI) but it still hangs at
restart. Yet, meanwhile, I've gotten rid of the power on password. So,
I'd have to set it back and retry… I'll do this tomorrow, I need my PC
to work a while. ;)

Cheers
Vincent