Subject: Re: XEN0 and RAID (What I really wanted)
To: Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@bsdprojects.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2006 20:42:00
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 12:58:22PM +0100, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> Salut,
>
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 10:51:31AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > There should be a 1s delay between
> > aac0: interrupting at irq 26, event channel 4
> > and
> > aac0: error establishing init structure
> >
> > is it what you see, or is the delay between the 2 lines much shorter ?
>
> It is about 30 seconds.

Ha, this is right, I don't know where I got the idea that
AAC_IMMEDIATE_TIMEOUT is 1. It's really 30 :)

So something in the device mappings may not be right. I suspect
bus_dmamem_alloc() isn't returning really contigous memory in some
case, but this would need to be verified (other devices require
contigous memory and works fine).
If you feel brave, the code it in sys/arch/xen/x86/xen_bus_dma.c :)

Otherwise please fill a PR.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>