Subject: Re: Call for testing: ACPI standby/suspend support
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2006 14:55:49
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:07:57PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
>> We certainly don't do that.. I would expect the firmware to take care of
>> the LEDs *shrug*.
>>
>> Could even be your broken firmware, I suppose..
>
> Immediately blaming it on the firmware, when we're talking about a new
> and barely tested piece of code, seems really poor form to me.

You're right, my bad. Although, to be fair, the actual sleep code is part
of the Intel ACPICA reference code, of which we're not the only users. Not
to mention the confirmed firmware bugs in my own hardware..

Even with busted firmware though, we'll get it to work. Just need to do
some debugging..:)

Cheers,
Jared