Subject: Re: how to recognize a USB modem?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/07/2006 02:47:00
On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, Martin Husemann wrote:
> This is very unlikely to work. Google a bit, you will learn that the number
> one criticism for this card (besides the price for the service it uses)
> is: "Windows only".

Well, there seems to be a Linux driver, that apparently talks to the modem
somehow, to enter tings like PIN. I don't know more about the details of
that driver, but looking at it may be a good step towards getting the card
supported (and 50EUR for an UMTS flatrate seems reasonable...).

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Ok, not even compile tested - but you might try something like the patch
> below.

Thanks, I used it to skip the interface class (and subclass and protocol)
test, but then it fails in the umodem_get_caps() call.

I don't have the card any longer (being back home from the Chemnitz
Linuxdays), as pointed out above, analyzing the Linux driver would be a
good first step for future works.

Thanks for your help!

  - Hubert