Subject: Re: struct videomode
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/03/2006 23:03:41
Michael Lorenz wrote:

> No objections from me, a list of canonical modes should be useful.
>
> While here we should probably define a standard interface to tell the
> console driver which video mode to use - sparc(64) and macppc so far use
> whatever the firmware sets up which may be less than optimal ( like old
> Apple OF that always comes up in 640x480 without a way to change that )
> or on machines that don't usually come up with a graphical console.
>
> have fun
> Michael

well, have a look in dev/videomode/

I'm going to convert vga_raster and machfb to use the header, at least.

I might actually be worthwhile to have machfb lose its private array and
use the master one.  Would open up some additional resolutions, at least.

As far as standard videomodes, why not just set a propdb for videomode
on the driver.  can be done from autoconf, right?

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191