Subject: Re: Getting rid of BEEP_ONHALT_*
To: None <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/24/2006 20:18:59
In message <054C521B-0978-4D1E-B5AB-023D9587B400@gmail.com>
	on Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:11:15 +0100,
	"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still find this very useful, but I dislike that there are _four_
> kernel options to set it up:
Or make them sysctl?  ;-)  I wanted to select beep or not without
kernel recompile (at shipping point our server to customer).

> # Beep when it is safe to power down the system (requires sysbeep)
> #options        BEEP_ONHALT
> # Some tunable details of the above feature (default values used below)
> #options        BEEP_ONHALT_COUNT=3     # Times to beep
> #options        BEEP_ONHALT_PITCH=1500  # Default frequency (in Hz)
> #options        BEEP_ONHALT_PERIOD=250  # Default duration (in msecs)
>
> I would like to get rid of the count, pitch and period settings and
> just leave those default values in the source code.  I mean, does
> anybody really care about how it sounds?  Is anyone currently changing
> the default values?
Yes.

options 	BEEP_ONHALT_PITCH=700	# Default frequency (in Hz)
options 	BEEP_ONHALT_PERIOD=1000	# Default duration (in msecs)

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net> at office