Subject: Re: explanation of PCI cardbus bridge code...
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2006 17:45:33
In message <20060220230834.GA22989@che.ojctech.com>, David Young writes:
>I thought that on i386, interrupts were only fixed up if 'options
>PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP' was in the kernel configuration; thus "NOT USED
>because of unconfigured interrupt" marks a legitimate problem if the
>kernel wasn't compiled with PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP.  Is that not so?  That is,
>does NetBSD/i386 always fix up interrupts?

Further issue:  On some systems, even *with* PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP, the interrupt
can't be fixed up!

On one system, I was able to get a BIOS update that programmed the chip
better.  On another, I booted Windows, wrote down the IRQ, and hard-coded
a setting of intrline in the code, which appeared to work.

-s