Subject: Re: bus_space annoyance, API change proposal
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/16/2006 08:53:44
Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> I've noticed an annoyance in bus_space while trying to implement new
> bus_space support for Alchemy busses.
>
> bus_space_subregion() creates a new bus_handle_t (derived from a parent
> mapped bus space), but there is no way to clean it up properly.  You
> cannot call bus_space_unmap(), etc. on these.

Since bus_space_subregion is supposed to work on an existing region
already mapped by bus_space_map, that region should already be completely
mapped.  bus_space_subregion returns a handle to a portion of the
already mapped region, there is no need for allocate additional resources.

So there is no need for this.
--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/