Subject: Re: RFC: vesafb, splash screen, and rasops shadowfb patch
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2006 09:35:59
On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 11:33 -0600, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> 	eww... image in a .h file?  How do you convert a normal image file into
> that format?  Isn't there a better way to insert the image file data into
> the kernel?

I saved it as a .h file with The GIMP, and renamed a few symbols (I have
a script to do this for me).

This is one of the pending problems; no way to free that memory. Linux
has a way of marking data to be freed later (__initdata macro in
linux/init.h). Ideally I'd like to load an image from the filesystem,
but we're too early in the boot process for that.

Jared