Subject: i386 bootxx_cd9660 and "ls" [was: Re: Adding Multiboot support (or
To: Cliff Wright <cliff@snipe444.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/11/2006 23:52:21
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Cliff Wright wrote:
> I am a little late to this thread, but saw Hubert's comment about the
> needed ls in cd9660. When I made my live CD I added this ability, and
> the ability to boot a large kernel in non-emulation mode from a CD.
> My changes for non-emulation require a new /boot, so I don't consider
> this ready to turn in. However the changes for ls could be used (although
> their is 1 hack for printable entries). Attached is the patch to 2.1 code:

I have tried your patches against latest -current, and modulo some
smallish style updates[*], they seem to hang in the bootloader after
printing more or less of ">> NetBSD/i386 BIOS Boot, REvision 3.3.\n>>".

I've rebuild boot & bootxx_cd9660... can you confirm your patch works for
-current?

  - Hubert

[*] 1) s/free/dealloc/
     2) use printf("%" PRI64 ":" ... to print 'ino'