Subject: Re: Bugs in audio.c
To: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/05/2006 22:29:46
On Fri Feb 03 2006 at 10:56:36 +0100, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 02:28:24AM +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> > I notice that audio playback in 3.0 is worse than in 2.0. In MPlayer I
> > notice often that the sound is choppy after restarting from a pause.
> > That hardly happened with 2.0.2.
>
> i've noticed this as well.  i think it appeared after the kent-audio1
> branch was merged.

I've seen (well, heard) this only on my previous laptop.  I thought it
was a problem with the audio driver, but couldn't find anything there and
just ignored the problem.  I haven't seen it at all on this new laptop.

So it's probably a sum of many things and kent-audio1 is just making
the problem trigger more often.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/