Subject: Re: Multiboot support for review
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/05/2006 17:36:04
On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 03:07:21PM +0100, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> Even though, I guess there might still be cases where "options strings"
> as such may be useful (outside Multiboot, that is).  If not... well...

Personally, I dislike text-based interfaces, for reasons I mentioned. But
there might be cases where it still could be useful in the kernel,
for example for other boot methods (doesn't the Xen port have something
similar)?

> I guess that code could be merged inside the Multiboot stuff.

I think there is no harm in leaving it separate, even if mount(2) won't
use it.

Pavel