Subject: DRI ...
To: None <tech-x11@NetBSD.org, tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Damien Touraine <webmyster.mail-list@laposte.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/03/2006 20:52:05
Hello,

I downloaded the patch proposed by Tonnerre last june. I use a recent
kernel (cvs update 25th January 2006).

I had to modify several things inside the driver (mainly : struct proc
-> stuct lwp and comment "typedef drm_device_t *device_t;").

When I modload the lkm, the kernel says :
info: [drm] Found ATI Radeon Lf R250 Mobility 9000 M9 on the street
info: [drm] Attaching ATI Radeon Lf R250 Mobility 9000 M9
[drm:radeon_init]
[drm:radeon_agp_init] agp_available = 1
info: [drm] AGP at 0xe8000000 64MB
[drm:radeon_ctxbitmap_next] drm_ctxbitmap_next bit : 0
[drm:radeon_ctxbitmap_init] drm_ctxbitmap_init : 0
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.11.0 20020828 on minor 0

However, when I run X-window (xorg 6.9.0), the kernel says : "error:
[drm:radeon_open] *ERROR* No such device: radeon0".

It seems that the DRM(cd) is not intialized and the size of the cd_devs
array is nul. In other words, the cfdriver struct is not initialized
with the right  parameters.

Is there any significant change inside the kernel and kernel modules
since june ? Where could I find such kind of information ? Where could I
find the documentation on how to implement a driver ?

I know that DRI is i386 specific, but why don't you integrate it inside
the main tree kernel ? That is very usefull for people that needs
hardware rendering ...

Regards,
   Damien Touraine