Subject: Re: generic hook infrastructure
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/02/2006 23:44:00
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
>> Would there be any objections to importing the eventhandler code from
>> FreeBSD?
>>

> a possible issue is, eventhandler uses c99 variable arg macro, which is not
> supported by gcc2, iirc.
>
> YAMAMOTO Takashi

Yet another reason to upgrade VAX to gcc 3. Its the last gcc 2 holdout,
I think. It would be nice to use some more C99 constructs in the kernel.
vararg macros is one of them.

IMO, unlike with C++, nearly all of the changes to C that have come out
of the standards body are good ones that can be put to almost immediate use.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191