Subject: Re: yamt-uio_vmspace branch
To: None <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@sarna.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/31/2005 14:26:45
In article <1136035055.443869.9270.nullmailer@yamt.dyndns.org> you write:
> ktrace-lwp branch changed uio_procp to uio_lwp.
> IMO, it was a mistake because what uio needs to describe is
> an address space, not a thread.
>
> rather than just reverting the change, i'd like to go further
> as a one step.  a vmspace (or a vm_map) is more appropriate than a process.
>
> i guess that the change makes implementations of aio-like things
> more straightforward.

I am still trying to get Arla to work after the ktrace-lwp merge. One
thing I noticed is that it has a nnpfs_uio_to_proc() macro.
How would situations like this be dealt with?

It would be nice if we could import Arla so that adjusting it for all
these API changes could be the responsibility of the person making the
change, who presumably knows how things are supposed to work afterwards,
instead of me, who has to figure it out every couple months :-)