Subject: Re: Including NDIS in NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/29/2005 14:08:56
On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 11:03:16AM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> It'll be great to see this supported, thanks for doing the work!
>
> Some laptops feature builtin wireless that is only supported by Windows
> (like the Broadcome one), so sometimes the ndis wrapper is the only way
> to go.

BTW, there is now an open-source Linux driver for the Broadcom chip.
I will write a driver if somebody will send me "clean room" register
set definitions and descriptor ring formats, and a radio that is known
to work with the Linux driver.

I will be very pleased to see NDIS support go into the kernel.  Good work,
Alan!

Dave