Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/acpi
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/13/2005 18:19:33
--tRcR9GoWqjXrt11v

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:13:06AM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Dec 13,  7:42am, thorpej@shagadelic.org (Jason Thorpe) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/acpi
>=20
> |=20
> | On Dec 12, 2005, at 4:59 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> |=20
> | > You mean MI code? MachDep is just that. In this particular case, =20
> | > not every
> | > machine has ACPI. To compare, how about a machine that has =20
> | > turbochannel and
> | > needs a sysctl? I think that the precedence is hw.*, right?
> |=20
> | Where do other devices get inserted into the tree?
>=20
> hw.<device-instance>.<prop>
> =20
> | Anyway, I think hw.acpi.root might be OK.  Would allow for other ACPI =
=20
> | nodes to be added later.
>=20
>=20
> Yes, hw.acpi.root sounds ok for now.

Ok, will do the change tonight.

By the way, do we want acpidump(8) in base or should I keep it in
pkgsrc?  FreeBSD has all the acpica userland in base along with it,
but I think it's a bit much, although acpidump(8) would not seem out of
its place in base.

(Their acpidump depends on acpica's iasl program to disassemble the
tables.)

--=20

--tRcR9GoWqjXrt11v

--tRcR9GoWqjXrt11v--