Subject: Re: 2.0 and >2T filesystems
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/23/2005 20:12:53
>> My tests show that ffs1, at least, is broken with >2T filesystems.
>> [...]
> IIRC, since the sector size is 512 bytes, 2T is 2^32 sectors.

Right...

> So the inodes can't address more than that in ffs1.

...I think that's wrong.  The values in the block tables in the inodes
are not in device sectors, nor even in DEV_BSIZE units, but in frags -
this is why fsbtodb and dbtofsb exist.  And, as I said, I specifically
built the filesystem with 4KB frags (and 32KB blocks).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign