Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_Re:_interprocessor_communication?=
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: None <jerry@evasefor.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/24/2005 06:54:01
drawing it right:

phy1-----cpu1========[logic]=========cpu2-------phy2
           |    mii           mii     |
          ram                        ram

Simply put it's a router. There is an MII link for both directions
(receive and send).
If I write a NIC driver, I can understand how the input (phy1) is going
to work:
interupt, callback to device driver, put packet on ipqueue, process it.
But on the output, out of ip_output() is when I want to forward it to
cpu2, not back to the interface.
That's where I am wondering if there is a kernel interface for MII.
Hopefully my problem is a little bit more clear now.
Thanks a lot

Jerry