Subject: Re: Exports list management, take 3
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/19/2005 21:31:29
On 9/18/05, Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/17/05, Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > - Change the mount_* commands to not deal with NFS stuff; done
> >   internally by the kernel when initializing the NFS support for each
> >   file system.
>=20
> Just to let you know: I've just done some further improvements and
> updated the patch.  Basically, I tried to push more NFS specific details
> into nfs/ rather than leaving them in kern/ intermixed with unrelated
> stuff (and adding bloat even when the kernel is built without NFS
> server support).
[...]

I want to flush this stuff out of my tree soon, to be able to work on
other related things without interferences.  I believe the patch is clean
enough, although not yet complete: the other changes are trivial and,
after finishing them, I'll build a full system release to ensure everything
still builds.

However, I'd really appreciate it if somebody stepped in and reviewed
the changes, giving (if possible and confident enough) explicit approval.
Let's set Thursday as a deadline, to at least chime in.

Thank you,

--=20
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/