Subject: RE: SPAM: Re: Questions about xenU-kernel configuration
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Retzki, Sascha [Xplain] <sascha.retzki@xplain.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/14/2005 09:44:54
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 02:41:18PM +0200, Retzki, Sascha [Xplain]
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > (please forgive me that I did not actually tried to build a custom
xenU
> > kernel yet ;-))

First of: I tried it now, with ALTQ, IPF (not PF yet), IPSec, systrace
and no INSECURE, and it compiled and booted fine... . (just for the
records).

> for ALTQ: it's also disabled in GENERIC, so I see no reasons to enable
it
> in Xen default kernels.
> [...]
> They are also disabled in GENERIC.
>=20

Yes, I could have been intelligent enough to check for that. Thanks for
pointing out.

> > Why is option INSECURE is set? The comment suggests this has been
done
> > for X11R6 - nearly nobody runs X in xenU, so is that the only
reason?
>=20
> There could be other reasons. The primary goal is to have a config
close
> to a i386/GENERIC kernel.
>=20

Hm, yes, sure. Anyway, if anyone of you wants to comment on option
INSECURE, I would love to hear the facts - as I said, I don'T see a real
reason.

Mfg,

Sascha Retzki