Subject: Re: Questions about xenU-kernel configuration
To: Retzki, Sascha [Xplain] <sascha.retzki@xplain.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/2005 19:37:16
On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 02:41:18PM +0200, Retzki, Sascha [Xplain] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (please forgive me that I did not actually tried to build a custom xenU
> kernel yet ;-))
>
> Why is it that systrace and altq are disabled in xenU?

for systrace: no particular reasons. I guess it should be enabled in XEN0 as
well.
for ALTQ: it's also disabled in GENERIC, so I see no reasons to enable it
in Xen default kernels.

> Why is option INSECURE is set? The comment suggests this has been done
> for X11R6 - nearly nobody runs X in xenU, so is that the only reason?

There could be other reasons. The primary goal is to have a config close
to a i386/GENERIC kernel.

> What about IPSec? PF?

They are also disabled in GENERIC.

--