Subject: problem with a joypad and usbhidctl
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: =?UTF-8?Q?C=C3=A9sar_Catri=C3=A1n?= C. <ccatrian@eml.cc>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/03/2005 15:09:47
I got the following problem trying to set up a J-2025S joypad, under NetBSD 2.0
and 3.0Beta. I remember usbhidctl working fine in 1.6, and I send a mail about
the problem of not being able to make work the left and right buttons.
Someone (sorry I don't remember who was) told me that, furthermore, my joypad
shown through usbhidctl that I had three pointers to the X axis and only one
for the Y axis.

$ usbhidctl -f /dev/uhid0 -a
Joystick.0x0000.X=18
Joystick.0x0000.X=18
Joystick.0x0000.X=18
Joystick.0x0000.Y=18
Joystick.0x0000.Undefined=18
Joystick.0x0000.Undefined=2
Joystick.0x0000.Button_1=1
Joystick.0x0000.Button_2=0
Joystick.0x0000.Button_3=0
Joystick.0x0000.Button_4=0
Joystick.0x0000.Button_5=0
Joystick.0x0000.Button_6=1
Joystick.0x0000.Button_7=0
Joystick.0x0000.Button_8=0
Joystick.0x0000.Button_9=1
Joystick.0x0000.Button_10=0
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=0
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=0
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=0
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=1
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=0
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=0
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=1
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=0
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=0
Joystick.0x0000.0x0001=0
usbhidctl: USB_GET_REPORT(output) [probably not supported by device]: Input/output error

and furthermore:

$ usbhidctl -f /dev/uhid0 -a
/*(five seconds of lag here)*/
usbhidctl: /dev/uhid0: Input/output error

syslog output: /netbsd: usbd_setup_pipe: failed to start endpoint, TIMEOUT

The joypad works fine using SDL drivers on zsnes and xmame, but I can't make it
work after using usbhidctl on it.

dmesg output:
uhci2 at pci0 dev 8 function 1: vendor 0x1106 product 0x3038 (rev. 0x50)
uhci2: interrupting at irq 5
usb2 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2
uhub2: vendor 0x1106 UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhidev0 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: USB Joystick USB Joystick, rev 1.00/1.07, addr 2, iclass 3/0
uhid0 at uhidev0: input=8, output=4, feature=0

Please help.

César Catrián C.
http://mioficina.cjc.cl/