Subject: Re: privacy [was: Re: kern.showallprocs implementation]
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/28/2005 17:59:14
Rui Paulo wrote:
> On 2005.08.28 05:51:44 +0000, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> |
> | In context of the whole "privacy" thing, here's something that may be
> | worth looking at, for inspiration:
>
> Yes and for more inspiration see kauth from OSX like Matt pointed me.

The proposed code wasn't a complete and well designed privacy system,
but rather a different temporary solution that will both achieve us
what ``kern.showallprocs'' was supposed to *and* allow us to extend it
until we have something better.

A better help than pointing me to various implementations would be to
either detail why you recommend that specific implementation, start a
discussion about our own design, both hopefully together with some
code. ;)

-e.

--
Elad Efrat