Subject: Re: Are permissions of local sockets correct?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/22/2005 19:32:20
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:29:22 +0000 (UTC)
mlelstv@serpens.de (Michael van Elst) wrote:

> Our behaviour is at least not consistent as connect() seems to honor
> the mode bits when you change them with chmod.
>
> Does fchmod() work?

Yes I use fchmod(2) in most of my code which creates AF_LOCAL sockets
and it works fine on BSDs and Linux...  It is not atomic with socket
creation of course, but considering that it can be done before using
listen(2) for SOCK_STREAM it still seems reasonable

--
Note: Please only reply on the list, other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking.