Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/scsipi
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/10/2005 11:04:17
On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 08:06:39AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> if it's generic enough as you say, it shouldn't be in scsipi/.

Yes, I will be moving it - probably to kern/tape_utils.c due to issues
with some machines not having any scsipi at all.  I cannot see any
neat way of determining whether scsipi is configured in or not so I
cannot conditionally include "st.h".  Unfortunately, this will be dead
code on non-scsipi machines.

> it seems like unnecessary code duplication to me.

There are some error conditions in the disk stats handling that can
cause a kernel panic, for a disk that makes sense but for a tape these
errors may not be so critical.

--
Brett Lymn