Subject: SoC: Efficient memory file-system
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/26/2005 12:40:46
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that my project has been selected to take part
in Google's Summer of Code program.  Its main goal is to develop an
efficient memory file-system for NetBSD, aiming to replace mfs; I'll
also be writing documentation on how to write a file-system driver from
scratch, similar to the Device Driver Writing Guide we already have.

I posted more information about it at my blog, including a possible
development plan.  See http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/36085.html
for more details.

The project will be hosted at the NetBSD-SoC Sourceforge project that
the NetBSD developers have gladly created (thanks!).  Its page is:
http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/tmpfs/.  News about the
development progress as well as any other information will be possibly
posted there.  My blog (http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv) will also
keep the information.

Questions about the design of tmpfs, as well as any doubts that may
arise during its development, will be sent to the tech-kern@ mailing
list.  Of course, I first must read existing documentation as well as
code from other file-systems that may be of help.

Looking forward to keep up with the expectations of the project,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/