Subject: Re: two OS'es on two procs of MP system
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Sascha Retzki <sretzki@gmx.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/22/2005 18:05:54
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 05:15:43PM +0200, Zeljko Vrba wrote:
> Does this idea I've just written make any sense? Is it at least
> theoretically possible to do? If not, why? Has it already been done?
> Maybe I should just use XEN for development purposes (then XEN has an
> API that I'd need to learn...)?

Hi,

well we have xen support so it depends what you are actually doing in
general (the "do I have to learn the Xen-API"-part).

The idea itsself sounds interesting, tho I am really xen-friendly :-)

I assume a "native virtualization" (so just netbsd-stuff is involved)
may even be more stable? Dunno ;)

From a totally unrelated source, I heared of the L4-folks doing
"some interesting work with pre-virtualization as an alternative
to para-virtualization provided by Xen or rHype.":

http://l4ka.org/projects/virtualization/afterburn/whitepaper.pdf
http://l4ka.org/projects/virtualization/afterburn/

(Sitenote: I did not even read those papers yet :)

Mfg,

Sascha Retzki