Subject: Re: minor tweak to ffs_blkpref
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/08/2005 13:05:01
On Tue 07 Jun 2005 at 13:59:53 -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Seems like a great idea.  Presumably that little chunk of space can
> still be used if there's no where else to store data?

Would it be possible to somehow make that small bit of free space part
of the *previous* cylinder group? It is contiguous with it, (right?), so
that would allow even more contiguous allocations.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            --  rhialto/at/falu.nl
\X/ Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me to your .signature to help me spread!