Subject: Re: Summer of code entry: Valgrind port
To: Kailash Sethuraman <hsaliak@gmail.com>
From: Ilpo Ruotsalainen <lonewolf@iki.fi>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2005 16:10:33
On Mon Jun 06 2005 at 11:35:51 +0730, Kailash Sethuraman wrote:
> I plan to submit a summer of code entry: Port of valgrind (
> http://www.valgrind.org/) to netbsd/i386.  This is something I had
> already had on my TODO list for a long time.. so SoC is an excellent
> opportunity for me to do something about it.
>
> I intend to start off with the freebsd's port of valgrind at
> http://www.rabson.org/  and try to port this over to netbsd.
> Furthermore, I shall thoroughly document my efforts so that it can be
> useful to port valgrind over to other archs/OSes .

As a sidenote, I ported the ancient Valgrind 1.0.3 to "work" on
NetBSD/i386 (enough to run some of the very simplest binaries) but never
had the time nor the energy to implement most of the syscalls or get the
signal handling to work. I can provide my old sources/diffs should you
want to look at them. (I haven't looked at the modern Valgrind codebase,
so I can't comment if any of my old work would be useful, though.)

--
Ilpo Ruotsalainen - <lonewolf@iki.fi> - http://www.iki.fi/lonewolf/