Subject: Re: Summer of code entry: Valgrind port
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Kailash Sethuraman <hsaliak@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/06/2005 20:01:35
Hi,

> Having an alternative to gdb sounds good to me. Any chance to support
> something else than i386?

Currently valgrind requires os specific and arch specific bits in
order for it to work. Hence it was only available on linux/i386 for a
long time. Later it was ported to freebsd/i386. I believe that a
PowePC/Linux port of valgrind also exists.

Porting would be required. I intend to document all the work I do, so
that ports of valgrind to other archs can be facilitated. I havent
started work on it yet, but if something can be done to facilitate
quick ports of valgrind to other archs netbsd supports, then that
would be ideal.

Regards,
Kailash