Subject: Re: which function
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/24/2005 06:31:00
On Mon, 23 May 2005 02:08:42 +0300
Maslan <maslanbsd@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/23/05, Maslan <maslanbsd@gmail.com> wrote:
> > no i know /etc/copyright and /etc/motd
> > but mean when u boot freebsd or dragonflybsd and a screen appears
> > which asks for booting mode whether single or any other mode, beside
> > these choices there is a devil logo created by ascii character (in
> > FreeBSD) and a the dragonflybsd(in dragonflybsd)

DragonFlyBSD being based on FreeBSD probably uses the same framework, but
we currently don't have this on NetBSD so far (and I hope we won't :)
(we do support motd feature, but that's way later and only relevant to
logins, you could customize this as you want).  Other would be the gettytab,
shown at login prompt, but our bootloader doesn't allow custom text now.

Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list since other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking, however.