Subject: Re: rasops "attr"
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/23/2005 20:39:56
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 01:45:10PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Isn't that what ri_devcmap is for? The attributes usually don't need to
> store anything besides indexes in ri_devcmap and probably a handful of
> flags.

If I understood Matthias correctly, a more complex terminal emulation
might want to store more but not bother with colormap bookkeeping.
So maybe attr should be intptr_t or a int/pointer union.

> Anyway, the attribute type should be the same size on all
> architectures.

Well, it's not stored anywhere or realy needed to be known outside the
running kernel, so I thing that is not a requirement. I can live with the
space wasted for the longs.

Martin