Subject: Re: which function
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@atlas.ipv6.stack.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/23/2005 07:31:29
It occurred to me that Maslan wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.devel.kernel:
> sorry i meant the text logo thant appears during boot time in many
> BSDs as DragonFly and FreeBSD (sorry i don't have netbsd installed on
> my pc now, just freebsd and dragonfly)

NetBSD doesn't have such a logo, and neither does OpenBSD, AFAIK. I'm not
an expert on FreeBSD, and I do think you'll be better off with asking
FreeBSD questions on a more suitable mailinglist, but I can answer this
one for you:

The logo is drawn in /boot/beastie.4th, which is a script executed by the
FreeBSD bootloader upon boot.