Subject: Re: Ehci/Umass bug OK
To: None <10.50@free.fr>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/2005 20:14:11
In message <42839726.3020500@free.fr>, Vincent writes:
>Hi to all,
>
>That a small message just to say that the bug I has with my USB-Key is
>gone. Writing at USB 2 full speed works, even with 128 Mb files.
>
>Great Job

What version of what file fixed the bug?  I'm having problems with
freezes when writing large files to a USB flash disk -- the process
ends up in an unkillable disk wait.  OTOH, I managed to back up an
entire disk to a USB 2.0 hard drive; it was slower than I'd have liked,
but it worked.  Of course, the flash disk is FAT32, and I formatted
the hard drive with FFS -- could that be part of the difference?

		--Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb