Subject: Re: raidframe, cgd and parity errors
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/08/2005 20:13:39
Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:

>	Don't the shutdown hooks get run in the reverse order that they are
>established?  If so, then the shutdown hook for the later device (say a
>vnd) would run before the one for the earlier device/operation (e.g. the cgd
>that the vnd is on, and the mount operation for the filesystem on the cgd.)
>and everything should unwind correctly.  No?

Hmmm, yes.  This works.  When do file systems get unmounted and
how does this affect something like:

	cgd

	vnd

	ffs

	raid

?

Does this pose problems that we'll need to solve?

It might be worse to consider raid on cgd on vnd on ffs.  The raid's
shutdown hooks will be run [potentially?] after the ffs is unmounted.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/