Subject: Re: Melting down your network
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/29/2005 00:53:53
Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com> wrote:

> Well, no, they can only use those portions of the network hidden behind
> the bridges created by the switch.  Machines that are not participating
> will still not be able to network with the machines that are during your
> packet storms.

True, but that's not a problem in my situation. I don't expect to be
able to do casual communication on a machine while it receives data at
wire speed. I just wanted to let not participating machine use the
network, and that works.

Again, that tool just do what it was written for, and I never pretended
it would scale to other situations. It clearly lacks rate control, and
I'll improve it one day when I'll have time and motivation.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz