Subject: Re: ACPI-CA v. 20050309 status
To: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/28/2005 22:13:49
Hi to all there,

some words about what I found during the week-end:

1. The bug is still there in ACPI-CA v.2005/03/09. However, the ACPI-CA
now fails completely to detect any batteries:

dmesg | grep acpibat

acpibat0 at acpi0 (PNP0C0A-1): ACPI Battery (Control Method)
acpibat0 is: C11D, HID: PNP0C0A, UID: 1, status: 15.
acpibat1 at acpi0 (PNP0C0A-2): ACPI Battery (Control Method)
acpibat1 is: C11C, HID: PNP0C0A, UID: 2, status: 15.

(I added and displayed a call to AcpiGetObjectInfo, because I wondered
about the validness of the handles.)

Status = 15 whereas 31 would be expected. Bypassing the check, and
asking for _BST gives a structure full of 0 and the computer reboots.

acpiproc : I wrote a probe code for T_ states but I can't test it since
my laptop reports no throttling possible. So, if ever someone wants to
test it.

2. Acpiec : no GPE handler can be installed: the call returns
AE_BAD_PARAMETER. I can't figure out why. It seems that nothing has changed.

Still digging out,
Vincent