Subject: Re: fixing send(2) semantics (kern/29750)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/2005 00:28:34
Here is a first attempt at dealing with the problem:
http://ftp.espci.fr/shadow/manu/send.diff

It's not complete and indeed it needs more work: I need feedback. But at
least it makes NetBSD pass the test program attached to kern/29750 =20

- I had to pass the spl value obtained from splnet() to IFQ_ENQUEUE().
I'm not very satisfied with that, but I don't see any other way around.
Suggestions are welcome.

- ip_output() and ip6_output() are the only place where struct socket is
available, so I did not fix other protocols, I just changed them to
match new prototypes. Is it okay to pull struct socket from optional
arguments in {ddp|ns|whatever}_ouput()?

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Un bouquin en fran=E7ais sur BSD: