Subject: Re: fixing send(2) semantics (kern/29750)
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/26/2005 11:57:19
On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 10:56:43AM +0100, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> - There is no way of telling if the socket has blocking I/O or not. In
> order to address this, we'd need a reference to the socket. The network
> layer output function has the reference, so we just need to change the
> link layer output function interface so that the socket reference gets
> propagated there.

I'm not sure I parse this correctly. If you mean "add a flag to the link
layer output functions telling it to sleep or not" I'm fine with this
change - I would then modify pppoe to always pass TRUE there. I would
not like to tunnel a socket pointer all the way through the PPP code
to ether_output.

Martin