Subject: Thread implementation with TLS support?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Anselm R. Garbe <garbeam@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/11/2005 01:45:31
Hi there,

a) I want to get plan9ports [1] running on NetBSD 2.0.1. But for this
purpose I need TLS (Thread Local Storage) support in NetBSD-2. I know
that FreeBSD-5 has those, also Darwin, but I ask if NetBSD-2 has also
TLS support in its thread implementation?

b) If a) is the case, does the NetBSD linker support the gcc feature
(since gcc 3.3) of a __thread modifier to the declaration of global
and static variables? This extra modifier means that the variable's
value is thread-local; one thread changing its value will not affect
the value of the variable in any other thread.

[1] http://swtch.com/plan9port/

Thanks in advance,