Subject: Re: and now: COMPAT_IBCS2 vs. MP
To: J Chapman Flack <flack@cs.purdue.edu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/04/2005 17:12:21
On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 10:29:30AM -0500, J Chapman Flack wrote:
> Umm, sure.  Question: that'll probably produce some interesting kernel
> output.

Yes, it will drop into DDB and print last locked/last unlocked references
on locking violations.

>  Do you know of any way to get that reliably into a file that's
> flushed near the point where I have to push the big gray button?

Sorry, no.

> I suppose ddb will more the dmesg for me and I can copy it down ... or I
> could try to log it with a terminal emulator and a serial console, but
> I've not bothered trying to set something like that up yet.  I'm looking
> for the lazy way.  :)

Serial consol is easy, just connect something to your com0, stop the boot,
say "consdev com0" and the boot prompt will appear on the serial line -
say "boot" there and make the machine crash ;-)

Martin